[OSM-dev] xapi site?

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Thu May 30 21:33:29 UTC 2013

This is great!  I've read and re-read the api docs at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6, and XAPI and wherever
else I could find, and hadn't seen any references to this site.  I'll
start using it, and I'll add my contact email to the queries should
there be an issue.

I've been experimenting with how to get the OSM elements near a
panoramic images, mostly so that I can tell what elements AREN'T
there, so they can be identified and added.  I have the images broken
up into segments, and originally I was getting all the data within the
bounding box of the segment, using the Overpass API.  But that meant
the data was always cached, so I've started getting just the elements
within about 100 meters of the image, doing that when the user
requests it.  With the .fr site, I can combine some caching with near
real-time data, which should work great.

Thanks for making me aware of this!

Tac