[OSM-dev] xapi site?

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu May 30 22:10:33 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 30 mai 2013 23:33:29, Tac Tacelosky a écrit :

> I've read and re-read the api docs at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6, and XAPI and wherever
> else I could find, and hadn't seen any references to this site.

I guess I'll have to improve my advertising skills ;-)
The server it runs on still has power left and is meant to be used by whoever
needs it.

I might not have pushed too much on advertising at first since I wanted to
give it time to correct bugs, but after 1.5 years, I consider it quite
reliable (Well, apart from software updates requiring database re-import, but
my todo list contains an automatic fail-over function I've been delaying a bit
too much...)

> originally I was getting all the data within the
> bounding box of the segment, using the Overpass API.  But that meant
> the data was always cached

I'm unsure about what cache you are talking about, but the 3 public Overpass
API instances I know about
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API#Introduction) are behaving
just about the same about cache and are constantly minutely updated, so if you
keep receiving the same data even after an update in the bbox I feel that even
using the fr instance won't change your problem...

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)