[OSM-dev] Reversion tool for new users

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 16:15:36 UTC 2013

Kathleen,

If you make no changes and immediately want a reversion, then no, it's
not "complex", but there's no way to know that nothing has changed
without inspecting each object in the changeset and possibly its child
objects (node belonging to ways, ways belonging to relations).

There is a reversion tool in Josm, it's a plugin, and there's nothing
stopping someone from using it. The only reason people don't is they
either aren't aware of it, aren't using josm, or are uncomfortable
doing reversions.

- Serge