[OSM-dev] visual timestamp from ways

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 20:26:15 UTC 2013

What's wrong with the /status URL on tiles? It works for osm.org and
Mapquest Open. Doesn't seem to work for cloudmade but then I don't think
your plan would work any better. From what I've seen, cloudmade does
generally update their data relatively quickly but their tile server is
either overloaded or configured in such a way that it is a pain to actually
ensure that a given tile is freshly rendered. Sometimes I have seen fresh
tiles right next to stale ones. So you changing data somewhere in the
middle of the ocean will have no bearing on the freshness of a tile served
up 5,000 miles away.

Toby