[OSM-dev] Setting up nominatim

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 09:00:00 UTC 2013

First of all, let me ask if this is the proper list to ask this kind of
question or there is a better list to do so.

I want to set up a private nominatim instance using a subset of OSM data,
containing only administrative boundaries. I have done an extract of the
planet containing the required tags and seems to be correct (a visual
inspection shows expected relations and apparently its descendants).
However, the import to nominatim database has created an empty 'country'
table, which is where I expected the administrative boundaries to be
imported.

Is this the expected behaviour? Where can I get more information about
nominatim import process in order to understand what went wrong?

Thanks in advance,

César

PD: For those interested, the idea behind setting up this nominatim
instance is described in this thread:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2013-October/068262.html

   César Martínez Izquierdo
   GIS developer
   ETC-SIA: http://sia.eionet.europa.eu/
   Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (SPAIN)