[OSM-dev] pgmapcss 0.4.0 released!

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 14 06:14:21 UTC 2013

Hi!

The last month I spent on harmonizing pgmapcss with the MapCSS 0.2
specification. Finally the rendering order and most MapCSS parameters
follow this standard.

Also there were many bug fixes, most notably a re-implementation of the
eval()-parser which was really buggy.

When loading a MapCSS style you have to specify if you are using Mapnik 2.0
or Mapnik 2.2 - Mapnik 2.2 can read more properties from database columns,
therefore a smaller pre-processed Mapnik-file is possible (and more
properties may be the result of an eval()-statement).

I also updated the installation instructions, now it should be possible to
get to a rendered image in a couple of minutes :-)

There are a couple of things which are not possible yet (or need a lot of
work), notably coloured shield backgrounds and extrude-*. Also note that
pgmapcss depends on a osm2pgsql based database (with hstore column), which
usually does not contain all OSM data.

Get the source: https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss/

Have fun! Please report issues on Github.

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich