[OSM-dev] wrong redering of tunnels on the main site after the change of rendering rules

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 14 08:52:40 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-14 10:34, Michael Kugelmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while the weekend I stumbled accross the old Elbe tunnel at Hamburg
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Pauli-Elbtunnel
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbe_Tunnel_%281911%29
> and how it is rendered on the main OSM site (mapnik style):
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.5439&mlon=9.9665#map=16/53.5439/9.9665
> It looks like a road going above the water...   :-(
>
> For me the tagging seems to be all right (level, tunnel, etc, all is
> set) but maybe that the new rendering rules are not correct when the
> tunnel is below water? Could someone please investigate? Thanks.

What do you expect to see? That the tunnel is not rendered when it is
below a waterbody? That has never been the case. Tunnels under water
have always been rendered the same way they look when under a landmass:
lighter in color and dashed lines.
Compare the Zeeburgertunnel in Amsterdam (natural=coastline):
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.5439&mlon=9.9665#map=16/52.3737/4.9748>
Or the Gouwe-Aquaduct (natural=water)
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.5439&mlon=9.9665#map=19/52.02548/4.66688>

Regards,