[OSM-dev] Upcoming website features

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Sun Oct 20 03:38:29 UTC 2013

On  19.10.2013 19:18, Paul Norman wrote:

> === Redesign ===
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/498
>
> A redesign of the OSM.org web page
>
> Major components of the redesign include a new help page; new about
> page; moving navigation elements out of the sidebar; moving search
> results, export controls, changeset history, and feature details into
> the sidebar; and removal of the sidebar from "interior" pages such as
> the user profile and diaries.
>
> Deployed at http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/

My subjective opinion:
A nice sleek look, but the horizontal toolbar at the top could use a
reduction in height to show more of the map (since most of nowadays
displays are widescreens).
The "About"-page with its twitter-like look doesn't match the rest of
the osm.org style.
Still missing: the OWL history.

Despite my complains: thanks for your work! :)
malenki