[OSM-dev] share map - image coordinates not displayed on OSM website

James james_7114737_canada_inc at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 26 02:50:03 UTC 2013

Greetings,

For anyone who is interested in the technical issue as stated by
Frederick, http://www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php would
probably provide an API to generate a single image from the map tiles.

Sorry Frederik I misunderstood your intent for this list. I appreciate
your effort on this issue. At the moment, I prefer to not create my own
website for the serving of OpenStreetMap data.

IMHO the OpenStreetMap website is the correct place to display the map
image coordinates unless they plan on obsolescing the static map image
generation feature altogether. Using the same bounding box selection for
Export or for Share would be the trivial solution from a UI perspective.

CU,
james