[OSM-dev] mod_tile PID file

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 05:35:52 UTC 2014

Troy Wu wrote
> Howdy, all.
>
> New here.  Just built an OSM tile-server "manually" against Ubuntu 12.04
> LTS, and wanted to have multiple rendering pipelines.

Can you describe a bit more about what you are trying to achieve with those
multiple rendering pipelines? There are some special cases I can think of
where it might be necessary, but I would think in the majority of cases you
would only need a single renderd instance with multiple style sheets.
Perhaps renderd can be extended so it can handle your scenario in a single
instance as well?

Of cause making the pid file configurable just like the socket and the stats
file seems entirely sensible as well and should be done. Could you create a
pull request for your patch on github? Then I can see if I can apply it to
the source.

Kai