[OSM-dev] mod_tile PID file

Troy Wu troywu at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 08:05:29 UTC 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 10:35 PM, Kai Krueger wrote:

> Troy Wu wrote
>>
>> New here.  Just built an OSM tile-server "manually" against Ubuntu 12.04
>> LTS, and wanted to have multiple rendering pipelines.
>
> I would think in the majority of cases you
> would only need a single renderd instance with multiple style sheets.

Thanks to you and Paul Norman for this feedback.  I will try "mod_tile multiple style sheets" (though I thought I looked long and hard at similar search terms).

> Of cause making the pid file configurable just like the socket and the stats
> file seems entirely sensible as well and should be done.

I agree; it seems like the hard-coded PID path is unnecessary.  Assuming my (very small) change is kosher, I'd be happy to contribute it...

> Could you create a
> pull request for your patch on github? Then I can see if I can apply it to
> the source.

...but I don't know how to do that.  Give me a bit to look that up.

	--Troy