[OSM-dev] Nominatim geocoding for Japanese address

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:52:49 UTC 2014

> I am. :)
Wow! :)

> Japanese address system
I made Japanese address structure for OSM, last year.
And got consensus between Japanese mappers. also reported in Tagging ML.
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2013-September/014816.html

Documentation is written in Japanese, but certainly need more easy
description.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Key:addr#.E6.97.A5.E6.9C.AC.E3.81.AE.E4.BD.8F.E6.89.80.E8.A1.A8.E8.A8.98.E3.81.AB.E3.81.A4.E3.81.84.E3.81.A6

Block structure detail (too complex, sorry)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Addresses

Problem is the absence of address data on Japanese area.
As my early mail, most of admin boundary relation is broken.

But if we could do so detailed search on OSM, I'm very happy to encourage
to collect address data on Japan :)

Here is an early development that JOSM plugin for fill jp address from ZIP
code.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:JOSM/Plugins/JPPostalcode2Address

--
Satoshi IIDA