[OSM-dev] Wiki - VisualEditor

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Apr 8 23:05:03 UTC 2014

On 09.04.2014 00:00, Andreas Goss wrote:
> Can we install the Visual Editor in the Wiki?
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor
>
> I think this would make editing a lot easier for everybody,
> especially new users who are unfamiliar with the formatting.

The Visual Editor makes some things easier that aren't that hard in
the first place, but the integration of advanced features such as
templates suffers. As templates are used a lot in our wiki, even
within text paragraphs (e.g. the Key and Tag templates), this is a
major drawback.

The feature is also officially still in Beta, and I'm not sure how
well it works with other already installed or desirable extensions.