[OSM-dev] Chinese spam diaries, an analysis

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:33:03 UTC 2014

I think the solution to this is actually pretty simple and straightforward.

First, right now there's only a single person who can remove spam from
diary entries or profiles.

Allowing other people (such as existing site moderators) to address
this would go a long way.

Second of all, we need a flagging mechanism. I know that Tom wants a
complete solution that includes a work queue, etc. I think that's a
very laudable goal, but something that just sends an email would be
great for now.

Third, I think we can get our queue, etc. though either funding, or
else through a GSoC project next year, as we did with Changeset
Discussions. I volunteer to mentor for it.

- Serge