[OSM-dev] Chinese spam diaries, an analysis

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:18:02 UTC 2014

On 3 December 2014 at 16:33, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, right now there's only a single person who can remove spam from
> diary entries or profiles.

Not strictly true - any user with site administrator priviledges can
remove spam - see my previous link to the code. There are multiple
people who have those privileges. Of course, in reality it's mainly
one person (Tom) who does the work.

> Second of all, we need a flagging mechanism. I know that Tom wants a
> complete solution that includes a work queue, etc. I think that's a
> very laudable goal, but something that just sends an email would be
> great for now.

The flagging mechanism is still reactive - I'd like to look at ideas
for blocking spam before it hits the site.

Cheers,
Andy