[OSM-dev] [meta] Problem with reply to messages from mailing list on Gmail

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Dec 11 17:47:57 UTC 2014

On 11/12/14 17:32, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> I have a problem with mailing list - using "reply" is addressing e-mail
> to just person
> that submitted message, not the entire mailing list.

> indicates that there is no easy fix
>
> Surprisingly replying to messages from tagging mailing list are
> automatically addressed
> to mailing list, despite the same addressing scheme.

The tagging list is probably configured to set Reply-To and this one
isn't (it's a per list option).

No matter what anybody will tell you (and please, let not have the
Reply-To for mailing lists flame war yet again) there is no right answer
as to whether or not to set it. People have been debating it for at
least twenty years.

Anyway, I just tried gmail, and "reply to all" certainly included dev
for this message as I would expect. Reply doesn't obviously.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/