[OSM-dev] nominatim / windows

Dominik Perpeet dominik.perpeet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 21:13:34 UTC 2014

I have identified part of the issue: Since Windows doesn't have the
/proc/* info, those functions weren't working. Sadly, in setup.php the
sanity check for instances < 1 was performed before using the available
number of processors [1]. To make sure this didn't happen anywhere else,
I hardcoded the processor count into the function.

Now placex has roughly the same number of entries as place [2].

For some reason, indexing doesn't identify any candidates to process. I
will look into that next.

UPDATE 4587
DROP TABLE
Load Data
instances: 3
Reanalysing database...
HINWEIS:   no notnull values, invalid stats
ANALYZE
settings/configuration.txt already exists
Getting state file:
http://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/minute/000/688/720.state.txt
Updating DB status
index command: E:\Programs\wamp/nominatim/nominatim -i -d nominatim -P
5432 -t 3
nominatim version 10f3a4d _2014Jan06

using database nominatim
Starting indexing rank (0 to 4) using 3 threads
Starting rank 0
sectors: 0
  Done 0 in 0 @ 0.000000 per second - FINISHED

(same for the other ranks)

If nobody has any suggestions, I will look at the nominatim sql queries
and check if/why they don't work as intended.

-Dominik

[1] https://github.com/twain47/Nominatim/blob/master/utils/setup.php#L69
[2] http://customdebug.com/osm/nominatim/tableLengths2.txt