[OSM-dev] tirex and mapnik 3, make deb fails

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Tue Jul 1 09:10:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-01 01:58:38 +0200, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:
> I try to compile tirex (mapnik backend) against Mapnik 3.
> changing this line in debian/rules allowed me to ignore the error:
> dh_shlibdeps --dpkg-shlibdeps-params=--ignore-missing-info

Won't work: A dep is missing and the resulting program will only run
IFF the user has the lib already installed.

> dh_shlibdeps
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for
> /usr/local/lib/libmapnik.so.3.0 (used by debian/tirex-backend-mapnik/usr/lib/tirex/backends/mapnik)
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/tirex-backend-mapnik.substvars
> debian/tirex-backend-mapnik/usr/lib/tirex/backends/mapnik returned

The problem is that the newly built binary is using a _local_ mapnik3
installation. Thus, there's no information available with package
would provide that library.

  I guess mapnik3 isn't yet packaged, so either package it as well, or
(though discouraged) link statically.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:             God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of