[OSM-dev] places of business listings

Sachin Dole sdole at genvega.com
Wed Jun 18 20:10:47 UTC 2014

Actually, the intent of my original question was a little different. I like
the OSM data as it is and with tools such as the ones suggested here, its
fairly easy to add new data over periods of time, however, I was curious,
whether there is any open source project or movement to do something like
localeze (http://www.neustarlocaleze.biz/directory/index.aspx) or dnb.com
or yext.com or publisher.yp.com.

For example, for a fee and restricted license, yp.com can give me phone
numbers, websites, hours of operation, coupons for a local business. How do
we make that available on OSM under odbl?

--
Thanks
Sachin

--