[OSM-dev] new on osm

Giuseppe Ricci peppepegasus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:20:26 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm new on open street map. I'm a PHP developer and I want to realize an
idea using osm's data.
But I want to understand if osm's data permit to implement my idea.
My first question is: if I have some points of interest and I want to show
these on an open street map is it possible? For example with google map
there is this tutorial:

https://developers.google.com/maps/articles/phpsqlajax_v3

The second question is: can I query the osm's database to find hotels,
restaurants, shopping center, etc? Is it possible to show these points on a
osm map?
I'm sorry for these questions but I want understand if osm is helpful for
me and my purpose.
Best regards.
Giuseppe