[OSM-dev] Mapnik-Glitch "Schwarzwald"

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Nov 17 16:13:50 UTC 2014

On 17/11/14 15:32, Florian Schäfer wrote:

> Thank you for the detailed answer! This means that the solution for
> issue #67 is probably not incorporated (0.81.0 is from September 14th 2012).
>
> I've now opened another osm2pgsql-issue [1] for this, because I find it
> unlikely that issue #67 is causing this. Because I don't know, what goes
> wrong inside osm2pgsql, I called it somewhat generic "Multipolygon error".

Well reading #67 again I think I agree with you - as I understand it the
bug there is that when a multipolygon is deleted by some of the
underlying ways aren't then those those ways are effectively lost in
that no new polygons are created for them.

So #87 can only cause things to not render, not to render wrongly?

More confusingly I have now extracted the geometry for that relation
from the planet_osm_polygon table on orm as geojson:

   http://download.compton.nu/tmp/schwarzwald.json

and plotted it on a map:

http://maps.compton.nu/view?http://download.compton.nu/tmp/schwarzwald.json

and it all looks perfectly sane.