[OSM-dev] Adding Slippy Map to Taginfo's Projects Tab?

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:47:34 UTC 2014

On 8 October 2014 15:19, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 Jochen Topf wrote about "Upcoming new feature:
> Projects" in [Taginfo-dev] which you recently released [1]. That's a
> cool feature and many projects are already integrated [2]!
>
> Would'nt it be very helpful to have also Slippy Map
> (openstreetmap-carto [3]) listed there?
>
> Did anybody already thought about a tool to convert CartoCSS (or
> Mapnik) style to the json project file required by Taginfo [4]?

We had a discussion on this within the openstreetmap-carto project:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/961

The outcome is that it's almost impossible[1] to do this automatically
since we do a lot of tag processing in our SQL statements.

Thanks,
Andy

[1] Nothing's ever impossible with software though :-)