[OSM-dev] Looking for OSM Licensing Clarification

Sachin Dole sdole at genvega.com
Mon Oct 20 03:29:45 UTC 2014

I am surprised at Joel's summarization that the 7 step use case he listed
in his original email is prohibited. If I were to show flight schedules
obtained from flightstats.com on an OSM map from mapbox, will that be
prohibited under odbl? What if I independently collect otherwise purchase
data for open and close hours for a merchant store and show all that on a
MapQuest open map? In both use cases above, I will have to take at least
place coordinates, bounding boxes and also tags from OSM. Is that
prohibited?

Thanks.