[OSM-dev] Transifex OpenStreetMap Organisation

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Sep 18 14:57:26 UTC 2014

A week or two back I created the OpenStreetMap organisation on transifex
as an umbrella for the vespucci project, but naturally open to all OSS
that wants to use transifex for translation purposes.

The main advantage is likely that your project will get exposure to
translators that already know OSM lingo. I currently wouldn't recommend
moving existing projects to the new organisation at this point in time
except if you have a very small number of translators. There doesn't
seem to be an automatic way to move/copy translators together with a
project resulting in having to invite all translators back to the
project. Outside of that feel free to contact me if you would like to
move your project or create a new one.

In case it isn't clear: this is not an official OSMF activity nor
endorsement of transifex and there are other, just as good or perhaps
better alternatives. For vespucci it was simply the best solution.

Simon