[OSM-dev] HTTPS support for osmchanges url

J Ramesh Kumar rameshj1977 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 07:26:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

Since the OSM updates diff support only http, I cannot update the OSM
database in my production environment due to security issue. It is
vulnerable to MITM(Man-In-The-Middle) attack. When I tried https url, it
redirects to http url.

https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/day/000/000/

Is there any specific reason for not having https support ?

It would be great, if we give support https. And also we may add md5check
sum details in the xx_state.txt files or a separate file.

I am ready to take this work and contribute it. Please guide me that where
can I start this work ?

Thanks,

Ramesh