[OSM-dev] Outdated web pages / default pages on some OSM addresses

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sun Apr 19 10:12:24 UTC 2015

Hi Tom,

even if they have never been published I think a HTTP-Page that has the
same URL than the HTTPS version should redirect to the HTTPS equivalent
or show a hint that the https version exists.

If not published somehow URLs are still often shown without protocol to
a user (well - most often in those case they are prefixed with www.),
and users are used to not type in the protocol prefix by hand.

regards
Peter