[OSM-dev] How to keep a geographic local part of OSM updated with minutely diffs?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 1 12:56:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 12/01/2015 11:33 AM, tb wrote:
> But the disadvantage here is time: the computation of the three steps
> might take to much time and brings me way behind even by using minutely
> diffs. On the other hand i can start over every night by using a fresh
> cut my region(s) of interest.

There's a third option in theory; Overpass API produces and publishes
"augmented diffs" that contain the geometry of all modified objects.
That information would be sufficient to clip from such an update the
region of interest, and apply only that to your OSM database. I'm not
aware of anyone using this however and haven't tried myself.

Bye
Frederik