[OSM-dev] creating OSM-based tactile maps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Dec 2 06:43:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 12/02/2015 04:22 AM, Rich Morin wrote:
> I'm hoping for some suggestions on how to get from OpenStreetMap
> data to tactile maps for use by blind or visually impaired users.
> See below for a bit of background information and some qustions.

There was a project once to create these maps but I don't know the
status, it may be dead/frozen. Here are two wiko pages
(furGerman-langauge wiki pages

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HaptoRender (German version of the
page may be more current - try auto-translating)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_for_the_blind

There's a German-language mailing list

The main people behind these efforts were OSM users bahnpirat and
Lulu-Ann and if all else fails, try to contact them directly for info.

Best
Frederik