[OSM-dev] Using native social SDK for signing in to OSM on mobile

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Mon Dec 28 18:46:16 UTC 2015

First, Facebook SDK is open-source. So there are no proprietary solutions related to this discussion. Google login SDK is probably open too, though I didn't check that.

The discussion with Martijn is about a different things: while he proposes to change the whole registration process altogether, possibly removing some important steps, I just want to use already existing processes from a mobile application. That would involve adding some endpoints to osm.org, and granting access to some mobile apps.

JOSM already circumvents the permissions confirmation step, but it still works only with login and password. I want to employ social accounts, so a user has nothing to type at all.

IZ