[OSM-dev] Using native social SDK for signing in to OSM on mobile

Дмитрий Киселев dmitry.v.kiselev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:30:48 UTC 2015

Hi everybody.

Now we have rather strange situation. In one hand we encourage new users to
register.
(It was one of the point of new design for osm.org that it's motivating
users to register.)
In other hand it's rather hassle to register, especially using mobile
device.

If you open new user form (or attached screenshot) you'll find same
situation:
In one hand, you can use google / facebook / windows live / openID login
(it's good, because it made signup more fluent and easy).
But in other hand, this capability hided under spoiler and you still should
enter email.

I haven't tested should you verify entered email with signup in that case,
I hope no, but still, email shouldn't be required field for signup with
google/fb/etc
because we ask user to give us google/fb/etc email.