[OSM-dev] Mobile SDK library

One Hwang onekhwang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:50:11 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I am making a bike app that will help bicyclists to navigate. I am using
Xamarin, a cross-platform language, to build versions for both Android and
iOS.

There are a lot of open source libraries that provide the SDK/library to
integrate OSM maps into apps, but it's a daunting challenge to find the
right one. We need an SDK that offers custom pins and that lets us put an
order to the pins so that if there are two pins at the same spot, the one
that we think is most important will get priority. Moreover, it would be
nice if we could use the same SDK for both Android and iOS.

Does anyone here know of any published apps that uses OpenStreetMap and
ordered custom pins?

I'd appreciate any recommendations that you may have.

Thanks,

One