[OSM-dev] iD editor release process

Guillaume Pratte guillaume at guillaumepratte.net
Tue Feb 3 04:03:56 UTC 2015

That’s great to hear!

I have a public event in two weeks where we will be showing iD and OpenStreetMap to people interrested in public bookcases, an event organized by local librarians from public libraries. In this case,  "amenity=public_bookcase" is a new preset that is only on the master branch.

I cannot however show people to use the URL you provide below, because they may not remember it and when they go back home and try to add data to the map using the osm.org <http://osm.org/> website, they will be confused as to why it was working at the workshop and not at their home.

I would like to make a suggestion to have a branch that would be used for rapid deployment on the website, that would offer new presets soon after they are merged. OpenStreetMap is a fast moving world and while waiting for the new features that are being developed on iD certainly is worth it, wouldn’t it be great to be able to rapidly showcase the work that is being done on the preset as well?

Guillaume