[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code 2015 Application

Cristiano Giovando cristiano.giovando at hotosm.org
Wed Feb 11 01:44:13 UTC 2015

Hello!

Are there any plans to apply for GSoC this year? I found this page [1]
on the wiki, but it hasn't been updated since November.

We, at HOT [2], are planning to submit an organization application,
and are wondering on what projects we may be able to collaborate with
the wider OSM community.

Here are some topics for developing ideas:

- geospatial plugins for humanitarian response workflow
- code development related to Open Aerial Map
- spatial ETL, improvements to export tools
- improvements to mapping coordination platforms
- humanitarian version of OSGeo Live, portable OSM toolkit
- improvements to map rendering based on the Humanitarian Data Model
- mobile field mapping applications
- HOT Image Request Service

Please let us know if you are interested!

Cheers,

Cristiano

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015
[2] http://hotosm.org/