[OSM-dev] Application for Google Summer of Code 2015

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:59:02 UTC 2015

Thanks Peter,

Answers in-line.

Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts at asking Ian Dees about the
GSoC process this year, he is not replying to any of my emails, which
makes the process of finding out the situation very frustrating.

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Peter Barth <osm-peda at won2.de> wrote:
> Hi Serge,
> hi all,
>
> for this year there's a new question to be answered for the application.
>
>         please summarize your involvement and the successes and challenges of
>         your participation. Please also list your pass/fail rate for each year.

I only applied once as a mentor- last year, and the project as an
outstanding success, both technically and community-wise. I have
mentored once and the project was a pass for 2014.

The project for 2014 was through OSGeo, so it wouldn't be listed under
OSM directly. I found the GSoC site a bit confusing but I can try to
find the original docs if you want.

I have ideas to extend last year's projects, and I have a few other
ideas. I also have heard from last year's student that he may be
interested in re-applying. I don't know if there are restrictions on a
student re-applying. If not, he was really great to work with and I'd
be really thrilled to do so again.

- Serge