[OSM-dev] Application for Google Summer of Code 2015

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:05:59 UTC 2015

Hi Serge

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Peter,
>
> Answers in-line.
>
> Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts at asking Ian Dees about the
> GSoC process this year, he is not replying to any of my emails, which
> makes the process of finding out the situation very frustrating.

You sent one e-mail. I didn't respond because I didn't see it between all
the other e-mails where Peter and Zordanik were working on starting the
application.

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Peter Barth <osm-peda at won2.de> wrote:
> > Hi Serge,
> > hi all,
> >
> > for this year there's a new question to be answered for the application.
> >
> >         please summarize your involvement and the successes and
> challenges of
> >         your participation. Please also list your pass/fail rate for
> each year.
>
> I only applied once as a mentor- last year, and the project as an
> outstanding success, both technically and community-wise. I have
> mentored once and the project was a pass for 2014.
>
> The project for 2014 was through OSGeo, so it wouldn't be listed under
> OSM directly. I found the GSoC site a bit confusing but I can try to
> find the original docs if you want.
>
> I have ideas to extend last year's projects, and I have a few other
> ideas. I also have heard from last year's student that he may be
> interested in re-applying. I don't know if there are restrictions on a
> student re-applying. If not, he was really great to work with and I'd
> be really thrilled to do so again.

I'm excited to see the new and continued project ideas. I'm fairly certain
that previous students can apply and would encourage them to do so.