[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code announcement + Mentor sign up

Cristiano Giovando cristiano.giovando at hotosm.org
Tue Mar 3 00:13:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Peter Barth <osm-peda at won2.de> wrote:
>>

>> Thanks to everyone who helped. Now let's hope we'll get skilled and
>> motivated students to work on our project ideas ;)
>>
>> Btw. slot allocations will be published on 15.4.
>

> I'd like to point out that Google relies *heavily* on the number of
> potential mentors and projects to decide how many slots to give us.
>
> If you have a project in mind that is remotely interesting to you, please
> consider adding it to the project ideas page. Even better would be if you
> supported it with your mentoring time.

Hi Peter and Ian,

Congratulations on getting selected! Unfortunately HOT did make it on
its first attempt, but we'll try again next year. In the mean time we
would like to add one or two ideas to your list since they are OSM
related:

https://github.com/hotosm/HOT-Project-Ideas/issues/15
https://github.com/hotosm/HOT-Project-Ideas/issues/7

Unless there are any concerns, I will add them to the wiki page here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Project_Ideas