[OSM-dev] Introduction as a prospective GSoC'15 student

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:50:35 UTC 2015

Hi Shrey!

Welcome to OSM. One of the most important things we look for in a potential
student is their knowledge of our dataset and tools. I recommend that you
get started by spending some time mapping your area, going through the
tutorials at learnosm.org, and get to a point where you feel fluent with
how OpenStreetMap works as a community of mappers and as a dataset.

Let us know if you have any questions as you make your way through the
editing process.