[OSM-dev] proposal for mechanical edit reg. power_source + generator:source

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Oct 13 19:30:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 10/13/2015 08:10 PM, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> my motivation is simple:
> JOSM claims that the old tag should not be used,
> the wiki is also clear:
> "Use generator:source
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:generator:source>=*instead."

Yes, but JOSM presets and Wiki pages are not made by the community as a
whole, and can never serve as a reason for running a mechanical edit. It
requires only a very small number of people to devise a silly preset or
"vote" a tag to be deprecated; this absolutely must not lead to others
mass-editing OSM according to the wishes of that minority.

> I assume that I am not the only JOSM user who is wasting
> time looking at these obsolete tags,

In that case, a change in JOSM would be the best solution.

Bye
Frederik