[OSM-dev] Migrating osm.org to vectors/Kartotherian

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Oct 30 13:00:02 UTC 2015

Am 30.10.2015 um 13:31 schrieb Maarten Deen:

> So you have to have some kind of mechanisme to decide when to show
> name:en (which I want to see for e.g. Afghanistan) and when to show name.

That is simple, we live with some people not being completely happy :-) *

Seriously the whole point is exposing questionable tag values then they
get fixed, so if Gravelines has name:nl=Grevelingen tagged but in
reality that should be old_name:nl=Grevelingen the best way to get it
fixed is to show the wrong value on the map.

Simon

* even an imperfect language specific map is likely going to make more
people happy than now