[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql development PPA

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Sep 22 08:53:04 UTC 2015

I've set up a Ubuntu PPA for osm2pgsql development builds at
https://launchpad.net/~openstreetmap/+archive/ubuntu/osm2pgsql-dev

These are builds of the latest development version from git and will be
updated daily, or when there are source code updates, whichever is less
frequent. Although we're pretty careful about what we merge in to
master, it is more likely to break than the releases. They are
definitely more stable than releases before 0.84.0, which have known
bugs, and probably more stable than 0.86.0 and 0.87.x.

I intend to package osm2pgsql releases, but need to set up scripts for
that. I don't have an ETA, as it's all unpaid volunteer work.

There are packages for trusty (14.04 LTS) and vivid (15.04) but not
precise (12.04 LTS). This is because osm2pgsql requires a compiler which
supports C++11, and I'd have to investigate how to do that on Launchpad.