[OSM-dev] carto 0.16.0 released

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 14 08:56:29 UTC 2016

Hi nebulon42,

Thanks for this link. The problem is solved completely. Now the Odessa
TV tower is rendered with the icon and the height in meters:
http://osm.org/go/0iai9XQpm?m=

Actually, it was not an issue of the openstreetmap-carto, but rather of
the JOSM, as (man_made=mast; tower:type=communication) is rendered with
the icon on the OSM map all right. But there is no "mast" in the JOSM
"man_made" pre-sets.

I just re-tag (man_made=tower; tower:type=communication) into
(man_made=mast; tower:type=communication), and it renders perfectly.
However, I still feel a bit uncomfortable, since there is no
"man_made=mast" in the JOSM pre-sets for some reason.

I mapped already with the icon another communication mast
http://osm.org/go/0iapFXlv1--?m= , which is situated on the beach where
there are a lot of the manned para-plane advertising flights during
summer (for instance:
https://www.facebook.com/tavriav/videos/1169624396384651/ ). You can see
this mast clearly on this aerial photo:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Langeron-beach-5.JPG
and how useful this information for safety. Now I have to figure out how
to inform the JOSM people about this problematic.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

Best regards,
Oleksiy