[OSM-dev] OSM Tasking Manager 3.0 Tech Challenge

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Thu Dec 8 17:27:26 UTC 2016

Dear OSM Development Community Members,

With the generous support of the USAID GeoCenter, experts in the use
of geospatial tools and analysis in a humanitarian context, and the
Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, experts in finding
new ways to solve problems through their Disaster Management
Innovation (DMInnovation) Indonesia program, Humanitarian
OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is leading a community focused software
development project to design, specify, develop and release the next
generation of its OSM Tasking Manager software in collaboration with
you, the best open source geospatial designers and developers in the
world, to produce a user friendly Tasking Manager 3.0 that is focused
on engaging users to better connect them with the community.

A HOT Tech Challenge has been released to find the right team of folks
to make the most of this opportunity through their skills and
experience in OSM, design, community engagement, and code.

https://hotosm.org/updates/2016-12-01_hots_osm_tasking_manager_30_tech_challenge

The development project is OSM community focused and we are looking
forward to involving as many skilled OSM designers, coders and system
admin community members as possible. The Tech Challenge we are issuing
is designed for collaboration to deliver the final project. If you
think you have some needed skills to contribute, you are encouraged to
apply, inidividuals, 2 person teams, companies, or consortia. You will
be working directly with the Tasking Manager stakeholders throughout
the process to support you in agile development.

Through this community driven process we will desgn and implement
significant improvements to functionality of Tasking Manager 2.0
organized around the 5 key goals for the project, UI/UX improvements,
better mapper engagement, improved project creation and management
tools, validation and exposing a complete API.

A full description of the Tasking Manager 3 project objectives and
methods can be found in the project Terms of Reference here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rUiDk4jMiWZ2gXPJPyAM0td4VGCNwhCBo_E-rsBnc1M

Comments on that document are open and welcome, please leave any
thoughts or comments on it!

The 2 main channels for high involvement or closely tracking progress,
you have to sign in, but it is worth it:
HOT Slack - https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/
HOT's GitHub - https://github.com/hotosm

No sign in required for:
IRC: https://webchat.oftc.net/ channel: HOT
Working Group Meetings
Email blake.girardot at hotosm.org

I am HOT's overall Project Manager for the Tasking Manager 3
development process, please contact me anytime if you have any
comment, feedback or questions.

Cheers,
Blake

Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, TM3 Project Manager
skype: jblakegirardot
HOT Core Team Contact: info at hotosm.org