[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto release v3.0.0

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Dec 23 08:09:00 UTC 2016

On 12/22/2016 4:57 AM, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> No, the new project.mml is just a renamed project.yaml.
> *argh*
>
> So it would be best to do a git mv project.yaml project.mml before trying to
> merge?

On our side project.yaml was moved to project.mml in one commit by
itself, so it worked fairly well with git when I had to merge the
changes into our lua branch.

I'd have rather kept the name the same, but CartoCSS requires a MML
suffix for its layer definition, regardless of if its JSON* or YAML.

* Strictly speaking all MML files are YAML now since JSON is a subset of
it and they're passed through a YAML parser, not a JSON one.