[OSM-dev] Application for Google Summer of Code 2016

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Thu Feb 4 10:10:28 UTC 2016

Hi all,

in less than a week the time slot for organizations to apply for
this year's Google Summer of Code opens. In my opinion our
participation last year (and the years before) had been a
success. We got a bunch of coding done, we also got new students
that stick with our great project and community and our
organization got some money, too. I also did a survey last year,
asking all mentors what they think about the output of GSoC,
about their students and especially if they think we should
reapply this year: Everyone did think so.

So I'm suggesting to apply again this year and I'm again willing
to do the administrative tasks. As time rushes, I'll wait for
this weekend for any objections.

So, please comment or object or silently agree :)

Thanks,
Peda