[OSM-dev] Application for Google Summer of Code 2016

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 11:18:22 UTC 2016

I'm strongly in favour of applying again. This year I would like to mentor
a project that makes managing Public Transport with JOSM easier to do. I
have a prototype in Jython, but it should become a proper JOSM plugin
written in Java. It works like an assistant for creating itineraries and it
bases its proposals on other bus routes that are already complete.

At the moment I'm also working on a prototype that interacts directly with
Wikidata. It's starting to look like a proper bot framework written in
Jython... This should probably be added to the Wikipedia plugin.

There is also still room for improvement on the Mapillary plugin, but I
don't know if it's allowed to continue working on a project from last year.
We should talk to the people at Mapillary to make sure their API allows to
move/reorient/(un)blur etc the existing pictures by now.

There are also many improvements suggested/requested for HOT's Tasking
Manager. Is that within scope as well?

I should probably stop typing, we're not in the proposals stage yet...

Cheers, and thank you Peter that you want to manage the administrative
tasks again. You did a great job last year!

Polyglot