[OSM-dev] GSOC: JOSM Plugin to assist with adding public transport routes

Vishal vijayvargiya vishalvijay18 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:17:29 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am a master's student in algorithm and complexity optimization group at
Simon Fraser University Canada. After going through OpenStreetMap wiki and
project pages of OpenStreetMap, I came across GSOC project of "JOSM Plugin
to assist with adding public transport routes".

I am studying concepts in vehicle routing and optimization for my thesis
and wanted to work on projects on similar line. The aforementioned project
interests me the most as I assume project includes finding the optimized
routes in case of broken links or changes in usual flow (please correct me
if I am wrong). I always wanted to contribute to open source community and
I believe this would be the perfect beginning.

I have edited few locations on OpenStreetMap, understood working of JOSM
and read about public transport tagging in OSM. Are there any beginner bugs
I could solve to understand what's happening under the hood?

I appreciate any help.

P.S: Sorry for such a lengthy mail.

Thanks,
Vishal Vijayvargiya