[OSM-dev] JOSM 9329, - Change default color of GPS tracks to magenta (r9248)

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Jan 8 10:55:22 UTC 2016

> <oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch <mailto:oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch>>:
>
>     I like this change a lot. Now GPS tracks are clearly visible on
>     the satellite image. I look at GPS tracks carefully in JOSM before
>     going to mountains.
>

> are you aware you can change all UI colours in JOSM in the settings?
> I've for years been using a neon-green as that's providing nice
> contrast on the aerial images in my area (and also against the osm
> objects in standard style).
>
>     I wish it could be possible to view GPS tracks in magenta color as
>     a map layer at the main OSM page, and also in mobile applications,
>     especially like MAPS.ME <http://MAPS.ME>, which allow to download
>     a map (often no Internet access in mountains).
>

> maps.me <http://maps.me> have their own issue tracker on github
>
>     It would be a potentially life-saving feature.
>

> exaggeration ;-)
> everything could be potentially life-saving, it depends on the
> particular circumstances.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

People get lost in wilderness all the time [1]. And not only in
mountains, it could be a forest, jungles, swamp, etc. Sometimes they are
stuck for days just couple of kilometres from civilization. Often it is
not possible just go to a certain general direction, as it is necessary
to know the way, which may be not mapped yet, though the GPS track may
well exist.

A GPS track means that someone undeniably walked the route and returned
safely to upload this track.

brgds
O.

[1]