[OSM-dev] JOSM 9329, - Change default color of GPS tracks to magenta (r9248)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:39:01 UTC 2016

> I like this change a lot. Now GPS tracks are clearly visible on the
> satellite image. I look at GPS tracks carefully in JOSM before going to
> mountains.

are you aware you can change all UI colours in JOSM in the settings? I've
for years been using a neon-green as that's providing nice contrast on the
aerial images in my area (and also against the osm objects in standard
style).

I wish it could be possible to view GPS tracks in magenta color as a map
> layer at the main OSM page, and also in mobile applications, especially
> like MAPS.ME, which allow to download a map (often no Internet access in
> mountains).

maps.me have their own issue tracker on github

> It would be a potentially life-saving feature.

exaggeration ;-)
everything could be potentially life-saving, it depends on the particular
circumstances.

Cheers,
Martin