[OSM-dev] Usage of the standard dev server

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jan 11 15:30:46 UTC 2016

On 11/01/16 14:27, Bryan Housel wrote:

> If we had https support on that api, and maybe did periodic database
> refresh of production to dev, I think it would open the possibility of
> using the server more for a new user sandbox, or for training purposes.

Refreshing implies that at some point dev was copied from production but
that's not true. It's completely separate instance that started life as
an empty database.

Creating a complete copy of the production database for each dev
instance would require huge resources.

Adding https is also a bit tricky at the moment I think, but should be
possible if/when we switch to letsencrypt.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/