[OSM-dev] Wiki account creation, "Account creation error Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA."

Bjoern Hassler bjohas+mw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:25:31 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've just tried to create an account on the wiki, but I get the following:

Account creation error
Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA.

However, below the text "To protect the wiki against automated account
creation, we kindly ask you to type the two words you see in the box
below:" there's no captcha visible (Firefox and Chrome). I managed to
create an account by switching to on developer tools, and inspecting the
page with a mobile browser setting, which brought up a street-number-type
captcha.

(Sorry if this is the wrong list!)

Thanks!
Bjoern